- Cell Phone
- Smart Phone
- Satellite Phone
- MP4 Player
- Digital Camera
- Video Camera
- GPS Unit
- Portable Game Device
- USB Radio
- DVD Player
- LED Light
- Night Vision Goggles
- Low Wattage Fan
- Low Wattage Heater
- Small Medical Refrigerator
- Water Purification System
- Anywhere under the sun!
- On a Plane
- At the Airport
- Up a Mountain
- Sailing a Boat
- On the Beach
- Even in light rain!
- It’s tough: Super durable and waterproof, and reliably delivers power where and when you need it. The JOOS Orange works in real-world light conditions – overcast, in the shade, and even light rain.
- Just put the JOOS Orange in the sun and you are ready to go – it’s really that easy! Your JOOS Orange has multi- positional legs that pull out from the back of the unit. Adjust the legs into a position that angles the solar cell to best face the sun.
- You can capture solar energy to charge your devices immediately, or store the energy in the on-board battery for later use. Because it captures power so efficiently, the JOOS Orange will charge your devices even if its internal battery is empty.
- You can also charge your JOOS Orange from your computer – or any USB power source.
Lets you talk up to
20 times longer.
Calculated from actual measurements of power generation (watts/sq. in) for Solio and JOOS Orange in full sun.
Talk time based on powering an iPhone in 3g mode after charging 1 hour in full sun.
- Highest efficiency commercially available, monocrystalline solar cell with silicon nitride, anti-reflective coating (125x125mm, 2.6W max)
- Solar cells connected in parallel – provides power when shaded.
- Replaceable lithium-ion polymer battery, 20Wh/5400mAh
- Charge Time: 12 hours Direct Sun/8 hours USB.
- Urethane encapsulation of solar cells for durability, long-life, high transmissivity (no yellowing), and waterproofing.
- 8 bit microprocessor (microchip) with proprietary algorithm to control MPPT, battery charge circuitry, LED’s and PV power/battery charge monitoring GUI.
- Battery charge and PV power indicator LED’s.
- Low light power circuitry.
- Dead battery circuitry.
- Urethane potted electronics for waterproofing.
- Proprietary connector in battery compartment for diagnostics.
- Molded Case
- Durable, polycarbonate injection-molded case.
- Metal heat sink.
- Security cable hole.
- Adjustable legs to optimize orientation to sun.
- Performance-enhancing heat reduction ventilation.
- Waterproof/submersible design – rated NEMA 6P.
- FCC A+B, CE, RoHS certified.
- Weighs 1.5lb.
- Compatible with optional reflectors to improve power production by up to 50%.
- Replaceable battery.
- Charges by USB from computer or other USB power source.